Social media is no longer just a tool for engagement with friends and family. It has slowly developed into a powerful tool for business interactions. Most of the companies now encourage their employees to join their social media channels to enforce internal networking and encourage a friendly environment. Clients are also increasingly collaborated with companies on social networks.
Social media gives you the ability to directly connect and interact with prospects and customers. The integration of business with social media is benefitting companies in more ways than they could ever have imagined. Below are a few key benefits of using social media in your business communications:
1. Increase Brand Awareness: Once a post is up on a social media network, it is accessible to everyone who follows your business profile. Anything you share is visible to your followers and viewers. If your viewers find it valuable and post it to their profiles, their followers also see it and the chain goes on and on till your post is no longer restricted to your internal network. Thus, the use of social media improves your brand visibility and helps fetch more and more customers for your business.
2. Connect with the Audience: Social media is basically an open two-way channel for communication with your prospects and customers. In today’s times, prospects look to social media first to connect with you. Hence, being active on social media gives you an opportunity to gain valuable insights and feedback on how to improve your products, services and marketing strategies.
3. Improve Client Retention: The open communication and convenience of social media are extremely conducive to building stronger relationships with your clients. When people have a medium to get in touch with you or provide feedback, it makes them feel like they have a voice, and your response in a prompt and professional manner can greatly help boost customer loyalty, which means better client retention.
4. Increase User Conversions: If you include a link to your website in a social media post, you are actually creating new points of entry for viewers to get to your website. A new article posted on your website blog and shared with your Facebook page gets shared among a number of friends and followers and if more people click on the article to read it, it implies more and more visits to your website. Higher the number of visitors on your website, higher your site ranks on Google. A higher site rank improves the amount of organic traffic for your site. Again, the more traffic you get, the more opportunities for conversions and, consequently, you get more business and profits.
5. Sharing: Sharing brand information or a marketing message on social media is the quickest way to reach your target audience. Two-Way communication with clients through social media can help develop lasting relationships. Additionally, you can deepen your connection with prospects and consumers through sharing on social media. You don’t really have to spend anything to post or share relatable and informative content on social media channels. Sharing provides a more personal feel to your brand and creates a humane identity in the followers' minds, which keeps you a top choice in their minds. You can share a good blog post, an important achievement or significant updates on your social media page and tweak it to get maximum likes and reshares to obtain maximum visibility.
6. Monitor Your Competitors: Using social media to keep a close watch on your competitors’ activities and any new developments on their end helps keep track of new advancements in the industry. With this information, you can easily compare your progress against your competitors and improve your business strategies accordingly to stay ahead of the crowd.
It is imperative in today’s world to pay attention to form a marketable social media plan so that your business is not left behind in the tough race. If social media doesn’t prove right for your business, you can explore plenty of other avenues to use in your online marketing plan.