With the rapid growth of the internet and web browser search, websites have become an asset for any business. Businesses are, increasingly, using the power of the web to create and promote their business and brand. The online presence of a company plays a significant role in advertising and selling their products or services in our digitally dominated world.
Websites are the best means to create a space for your business on the internet and tell your clients and customers about your products, values and future goals. The need for websites implies a corresponding need of web designers to build, manage and promote those sites.
Below we provide 10 reasons why web designing can actually be a profitable career choice:
1. Exposure to exciting technology: The work of a web designer is far from being monotonous or repetitive. Instead, each of their days is filled with creativity and the ability to learn different things as compared to other IT fields. It is naturally a more interesting occupation since you can constantly work on innovative projects and get to learn distinct technologies. You are faced with new challenges and the field yearns you to use your creative mindset to produce something unique and appealing.
2. Evolving Industry: The web designing industry promises a good growth rate and the demand of the field is constantly increasing due to the increasing need for websites for every domain. A Bureau of Labor Statistics report indicates a nearly 30% rise in web design field jobs by 2020 which is much faster than the projected growth rate in any other field. This offers all the more reason to be a web design professional.
3. Good pay packages: The median salary of a web designer is significantly better than other IT roles and is only expected to grow. Of course, the individual salaries may vary as per your skills, experience, organization, and location, but nonetheless, a career within the web design field can promise a comfortable living, secure employment and ample opportunities for career advancement.
4. Job security: Web designing is one of those very few fields that can boast of providing job security. The demand for mobile-responsive websites has grown with the increasing demand for smartphones or tablets, thereby, ensuring a bright future for web designers. Moreover, web designers trained in multiple programming languages and digital tools have a large number of opportunities at their disposal and the highest levels of job security.
5. Work from anywhere: The best part of being a web designer is the flexibility to work from anywhere, anytime. Not only can you work from the comfort of your home, but you can also get many opportunities to work with clients from around the world. Being a globally recognized profession, it is much easier to secure a job in high paying countries across the world. This way you can expand your portfolio and eliminate monotony and boredom. Furthermore, many online companies have online projects that you can take up on a freelance basis so as to upgrade your knowledge about other industries and technologies.
6. Rising Demand: Due to continuously increasing online industries, the demand and job opportunities for web designing professionals have also increased making this a fascinating profession for many young aspirants. Not to forget, there are vast job areas for web designers including IT companies, advertising, and audio-visual media agencies, publishing houses, marketing firms, institutions, etc.
7. Ability to create brands: A website of a company is an interface for the users and affects the company's reputation worldwide. A web designer has the ability to represent the company personality in a unique fashion and create the desired brand effect. This way they play a crucial role in building the brand image using their creativity and analytical thinking and, hence, are the most sought after for improving company branding and business.
8. Freelancing: Web designers can do a lot of freelancing work and even start their own business. With great knowledge, a good portfolio and ample experience, clients can start contacting you for your support giving you opportunities for business and freedom at the same time.
9. MNCs for web designers: Most multinational companies require web designers to create, maintain and promote their sites. Reputed companies like IDC Technologies, HCL, Infosys, Wipro, IIM, ORACLE, Cognizant, Accenture etc, offer good pay packages for beginners as well as experienced professionals.
To sum up, the web designing profession has a lot of opportunities to offer with minimum qualification and experience requirements. There is no age limit and any graduate can make a great career for themselves in this field. One only needs to be passionate about creating something new, possess creativity and analytical thinking and willing to work in diverse technologies. You can opt for the web designing profession for an amazing learning experience and excellent future.