A wireframe is a blueprint of the final project and it is definitely a big accomplishment to reach your first wireframe process. This process is essential to streamline your development project, save time and money and ensure customer satisfaction. In this article, we have compiled a few tips to help create your first wireframe:
1. Getting the right tools: Whether you are working to design an app, software or a website, you need the right set of tools to successfully complete the job. There are several wireframe tools available on the web and you can choose the one that best suits your project-specific needs. For a website, for example, make sure to choose a tool that allows collaboration from other team members, allows you to save your work to a cloud and offers easy integration with other software you need to finish the site. The best wireframe tools provide customization capabilities and make collaboration and sharing much simpler.
2. Communicate With Your Team: Regular and clear communication with the team plays an important role when you choose to use your first wireframe tool for the success of your development project. Regular communication is essential to ensure a smooth workflow, keep the members updated regarding the latest changes and inform managers of the project progress.
Most importantly, it is crucial to ensure that everyone in the team understands the wireframing tool you are employing and how it works in the process. If it’s your first time using a wireframing tool, it may be a good idea to hold an introductory meeting to explain the software and encourage the team to learn it. In this way, a wireframe tool can help unite the team is working towards the same end goal.
3. Sketch the blueprint: A wireframe is, essentially, a digital blueprint of your project. However, you need to have an idea of the project layout before you create your wireframe. Sketching the layout can serve as a reference for the team from where they can pull and organize ideas in the actual wireframe tool. The sketch does not need to be very accurate with precise dimensions. It only has to be legible enough to convey your project ideas and must include labels and notes to augment the sketch clarity.
Creating a rough sketch to know how to proceed in a project and including crucial elements can act as an efficient roadmap leading to a streamlined and cost-effective project.
4. Forget About ColorÖ For Now: The wireframing piece of your project allows for modification of basic elements of your site or software. At this stage, the focus shifts to functionality more than aesthetics. You can, thereby, utilize the wireframe to make the interface and navigation more effective and simple.
The basic architecture of a site and ease of navigation work as the most important factors to ensure the success of a website or app. You can create an alluring website, but if it navigates poorly, it is bound to leave the client dissatisfied and generate negative attention. First focus on creating an organized system that navigates well before concentrating on the aesthetics of the project. This provides a more cost-efficient approach to proceed with the project.
5. Client Communication: Keeping the client updated with project progress is as important as working with your team. This helps set up a successful wireframe and, ultimately, produce a better product. Make sure you completely understand the client's expectations before building the final site or software and provide them frequent updates on the project. This will allow for any changes to be implemented early on in the design process rather than touching the final deliverable. The client is the ultimate authority in a project and the development team should work consistently to facilitate their requests and customizations. A satisfied customer can help spread a positive word about the company and generate more leads for the team.
6. Stay Organized: Following an organized process structure is the best way to gain the best results from wireframing. Good organizational skills improve productivity and save time and money.
To summarise, it is imperative to have your ideas ready and tested before the actual wireframe process begins and always cross-check every work to avoid issues further along in the project. Wireframing can help save a lot of time and create a sustainable process you can use for future projects.