Brand trust is a factor that highly influences consumer purchase decisions. Retailer and brand trust are the top two reasons why consumers prefer buying a specific product from a specific place. However, it is not as easy to secure brand trust considering the consumer mindset that weighs available options on various parameters like quality, value for money and longevity.
In this guide below, we provide seven ways to develop and retain user trust in your brand:
1) Understanding brand goals and measurement parameters: Any business would like users to provide amazing reviews for their products or services and recommend them to more and more people. Alongside this, they want to be able to build a loyal customer following. This can only be achieved if you clearly understand what brand trust means to your organization and define factors to measure your success. Set up periodical monitoring of your brand to know how your brand is discussed online. You can configure Google alerts for specific keywords related to your brand so you are notified when they are used online. Alongside, constantly check sites like Google My Business, Yelp and the like to identify how users interact with your brand.
One can also track social media sites for brand-related mentions and conversations. A direct way to obtain user opinion and feedback is through online surveys which can also help you find your Net Promoter Score, assess user satisfaction and know what users would like to add or change in your product or service. A clear definition of goals is essential to build a lasting connection with your users as it helps define the best channels to gain user trust and loyalty.
2) Hire a Brand trust lead: A brand trust lead is a designated individual responsible to ensure your goal and vision are well detailed and everyone understands what they want to achieve. He can assist in developing blueprints and protocols on how to achieve consumer trust using the best content, marketing approach, and customer service. Moreover, they can be assigned to monitor and evaluate your brand visibility and lead changes to improve brand trust among users.
3) Be Original: Being authentic is at the heart of trustworthiness. Consumers do not want to hear the regular sales pitch or read through ads that use specific marketing language. They can only connect with your brand if they can establish an authentic connection to it.
Originality comes from your values, goals, culture, and uniqueness of opinion. Aim to be relevant and present for users at all times by being more responsive to negative and positive feedback, addressing complaints quickly and engaging with customers online on a constant basis. Use the power of storytelling to build a unique brand personality so as to engage the customers and, thereby, build customer trust. It should not appear like a brand promotion when you tell a story, but offer something interesting and different that users would like to read and that also augments your brand outlook.
A great way of building brand trust is by involving users and encouraging them to share their stories on your social media platform using relevant hashtags. This will attract more customers to share their stories or opinions and augment your brand awareness and trust.
4) Offer superior customer service: The experience customers have with your business is what will impact their future purchases. Aim to offer the best support experience for users, be it answering a simple question or troubleshooting some issues. Add more personalization and uniqueness to your customer experience indicating you understand user concerns and would be happy to address them in the shortest possible time frame.
Nearly three-fourths of users consider customer experience as a crucial factor for purchase decisions and brand trust. Look for opportunities to enhance user interaction with your brand and increase brand trust.
5) Focus on developing meaningful relationships: Businesses want to improve profits by improving conversions, sales, and revenue. However, what tends to give better returns, in the long run, is focus on customer relationships. Customer loyalty automatically shifts to brands that pay attention to their buying behavior and preferences. Brands looking to build lasting connections with their consumers should make efforts to understand their customers and provide the best services to suit their needs. They should specifically focus on first-time customers so that a high benchmark is set for the brand from the beginning.
6) Practice transparency: To develop trust for a brand, customers need to see that the brand fulfills its promises and comes up with user expectations. Therefore, it is crucial for brands to display a transparent behavior wherein they show the customers the truth about their products and services and set the right standards.
One could establish transparency by clearly showing ingredients in their products, publishing third-party research on their products or responding honestly to customer queries on their website as well as social media. If consumers can believe you, they will naturally prefer you over the rest of the brands.
7) Build social proof: Most of the consumer's trust word-of-mouth or recommendations coming from friends and family as compared to any other form of advertising. Positive peer reviews and good social media image has a greater impact on user trust and benefits your brand visibility. It is, thus, essential to building a clean and favorable social standing so that more and more users are attracted to your brand. One way to do this is regular and personalized interaction with customers providing positive or negative reviews about your business. This will help them understand your brand better and attract positive reviews and sales.
It is important for marketers to be proactive in building brand trust to rise above their competitors. Brand trust is built by how you work with your customers and how much you focus on their preferences. It is evident in how you accept your mistakes, reflect your values and prioritize customer relationships above other factors. Building lasting trust with consumers is not an easy job but with some simple steps, you can gain user trust and retain it for the future of your business.